Image Map

Thursday, July 11, 2013

4 Reasons Why Being A Girl Can Suck

For most of my life I have been a tomboy through and through. Yes, I wear makeup most days. Yes, I like to wear cute clothes sometimes. But most of the time you can find me with my hair in a ponytail wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I like to get dirty and play football and play video games.

There are things that I still struggle with when it comes to being more "girly" because I think they are like an expectation. Like you have to do this to be a girl. No, I'm not a raging feminist but I can agree with some of their thought processes.

So I present to you my top 4 things about being a girl that sucks.

Shaving.
- Like need I go on? I HATE SHAVING! I really detest it. I have gone weeks before without shaving my legs and haven't cared. Usually it takes someone saying something about how hairy they are before I will even consider shaving them.

Hairstyling.
- This one gets me. Like why does my hair always have to be done? Why can't I just walk around with semi-dirty hair and it be a mess? I don't want to straighten or curl my hair all the time. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!. Forrealz.

Must be proper.
- I like to belch. Yes, you read that right. I like to belch. I like to get loud and I think dirty jokes are HEE-HI-LARIOUS! I am not a girl who walks around with great posture and sits like a lady. Nope, not I. And I should never be expected to be all proper all the time. It's just not in my nature.

Soft, hydrated skin.
- Yeah I know this one sounds a little weird, but stick with me. I always see those venus razor commercials or the moisturizer commercials and my first thought is always "man I wish my skin could be like that." I hav always had mostly soft skin but here lately it's be like the Sahara desert over here. And I hate putting lotion on because if I sweat it makes my skin all sticky and weird. Ew. Not attractive.

These are all the things that came to me when I sat down to write this post. If you have more please feel free to share with me. I would love to hear what you guys think. But for right now, Kenz is cooking and it smells good so I'm gonna go eat some food. Catch ya later!


4 comments:

  1. I agree! Another thing that sucks and we have to watch our weight and keep a certain appearance and guys can look like they've been hit by a truck and get away with it...no fair

    thanks for linking up with us on the collective blog hop. Following you on all your sites. Hope you follow back!

    http://www.nigthchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That's so true! Luckily my boyfriend is totally fine if I look like I got hit by a truck! As long as I don't do it all the time!

      So glad to have you aboard! I will definitely be checking you out! Hope you stick around for a while.

      Delete
  2. I love this post - it made me smile. I was always a tomboy at school and I still try and not care too much about what other people think, I totally agree on the shaving front and I am not a fan of putting moisturiser on although I know I should. I don't like it when people expect you to be a certain way just because your a girl, I think as long as your a nice person with a good heart does it matter if you belch, no!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank ya! Yeah I try that as well! Really the only person whose thoughts matter about what I look like is my boyfriend's and even he doesn't count most days! Haha. Exactly! I hate that the standard for girls has been set so high. I mean belching is a bodily function that I find hilarious and don't plan on repressing it any time soon! Haha.

      -Carly

      Delete